Monday, September 20, 2010

The Tomten




...is not just a very favorite, magical children's book character! It's also a very squee-worthy Elizabeth Zimmermann sweater pattern that I managed to complete over the weekend. YAY!





I made one for Benjamin first, because while Astrid Lindgren's book about the Tomten who lives on a farm and visits all the animals is pretty much adored by all of us, Benjamin has always been especially enamored with him. It was his go-to, most requested book for a very long time. Also, he's the smallest, and sometimes starting small is a good idea.

Incidentally, I really wanted to name any future additional daughter Astrid, but Clint vetoed the name. Can you believe him?!?!?!?!

Anyway.






Benjamin was really excited when I had him try it on. He says he really likes it, which is of course what any knitting mama wants to hear, and bless his little ninja boy heart for at least faking enthusiasm for my benefit. All I have to do is sew in the zipper now. I made several mistakes and it's not perfect or in the best yarn, but I'm still pretty ridiculously pleased with it. Especially today, when I've accomplished almost nothing but can look happily at it lying on the table and pretend I'm not a lazy, unmotivated slacker.

Onward!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I haven't forgotten about you all!! I can't believe how big your children are now. I miss them. Tell them I said hello! Your are quite a photographer as well. What kind of camera do you use? I need a new one=). Hope you don't mind but I might borrow a couple ideas from your blog. I like your list making (I'm big on that), and your This moment posts. Who knows if I will actually follow through with that thought!
Wishing you all well here in WV.

Brittany said...

Hi Megan!!!!! We haven't forgotten you, either. I love it here but I miss Fairmont and the friends we made there. Kole is looking pretty huge himself compared to the last time I saw him!

I have a Nkon D3000. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I got it several months ago, right after Clint got back from deployment. I have the lens the kit comes with, and I also purchased a 35mm f/1.8 lens that is really good for low light (because I hate using the flash and prefer natural light) and for taking portraits, too.

Borrow away! I borrow all my ideas from other people. :)

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fanciful, acutely interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://stronologia.pl/zdrowie,uroda/opony,s,1213/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you